Want to successfully create visuals like this?
Following our Graphic Design training with Illustrator, GOMYCODE is launching its new Graphic Design training dedicated to Photoshop.
Want to develop your design skills with Photoshop?
You will learn how to edit images and photos to create printable and digital designs! You will also use Lightroom to create perfect, flawless photos.
After this course, you’ll be able to launch your career in Graphic Design or advance in your current job.
Course content overview
Our new Graphic Design with Photoshop course is a 12-week course with 4 hours per week of face-to-face training or a 100% online option, the choice is yours.
The course is open to people of all ages who are passionate about graphic design and want to advance in their field. By the end of the course, you will master the advanced skills of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom, create digital and print graphic content, learn to make mockups and become familiar with their guidelines. You will learn how to use compositions, layouts, patterns and textures to create your own visual identity.
Here is a detailed explanation of the skills you can master with this program:
- The Visual Identity Process: You will explore what Photoshop is and what you can do with it. Students learn the essential basics of visual communication and master the elements of a creative brief and the information that should be included.
- Photoshop 101: You will learn about the Photoshop software and its interface, how to navigate, and to use the basic beginner tools.
- Image Manipulation and Composition: You will learn two of the most important basics of visual communication, the composition of an image and how to take or choose a good picture. You will also master layouts and grids, rules that can take your design to the next level, guidelines and how they can be applied to highlight key elements. Finally, we will cover the basics and selection tools, and how to adjust color filters using CRF.
- Understanding Typography: Students will learn to manipulate the characters in Photoshop and how to apply different effects to text such as internal and external shading, fabric effect, and light tube effect.
- Lightroom, A Photographer’s Best Friend: You will be introduced to Lightroom and its main features and learn how to correct lights and balance images to give them the mood you need.
- 3D Forms and Photo Montage: Students will discover 3D shapes and how to give a 2D image realistic depth and perspective. The course also covers the photomontage and photo collage techniques through first hand practice. You will modify objects and environments to create a creative image.
- The Creative Process: You will learn about project development and the steps to follow for efficient and disciplined execution to achieve realistic and fashionable artwork.
- Animation and GIFs: You will create animations using Photoshop and Illustrator by animating Illustrator assets.
- Secrets of Professional Designers: You’ll learn how to create mockups to take your projects to the next level. You’ll learn the secrets of freelancing, how to land more jobs, types of contracts, and how to start generating income.
The program will conclude with a Lab Phase where you will complete your own project.
At the end of this training you will have your certificate which can be used to demonstrate your abilities to potential employers. You will also have a completed project to add to your portfolio, because at GOMYCODE, all our training is project-oriented.
GOMYCODE’s training is 100% practical. It touches on several areas of expertise in the world of design and opens the door to jobs as a layout artist, computer graphics artist, photographer, content manager, or even community manager.
The Graphic Design with Photoshop course is just one of the many Graphic Design courses that GOMYCODE will be launching in the near future. More courses are to follow in the coming weeks!
A unique education model
During your training, you will have personalized support from a high-level instructor and access to our educational platform. The GOMYCODE platform allows students to access training materials at any time, organize their schedule with their instructor, track their performance, and identify areas for improvement.
Our method allows our students to develop their technical and personal skills. Several milestones allow the student to master technical skills such as:
- Assessments: Quick exercises like quizzes and coding exercises
- Checkpoints: Mini-projects evaluated by the instructors, which allow the student to put into practice what they have learned
- One-to-one meetings: Personal meetings between the student and their instructor to ask questions and better understand concepts
- Workshops: Group workshops guided by the instructor with problems to be solved by the students
- Lab Phase: The completion of a personal technological project
By joining our community, students also learn to work in a group, to develop critical thinking and soft skills, and to improve communication skills.